2024 PADI Divemaster Internship for Indonesian Citizens Programme
2024 11 Month PADI Divemaster Internship for Indonesian Citizens
Twelve years ago, AquaMarine introduced the “AMD-B PADI Divemaster Internship for Indonesian Citizens” Programme; a major initiative to re-invest into Bali’s dive community.
The Internship provides the highest level of all-round training so that each Intern can confidently pursue a career in the dive industry.
Although every member of AMD-B’s Dive Team is involved with PADI (OW to DM) and Dive Guide Training, Aan, one of AMD-B’s longest-serving PADI OWSIs, provides one-on-one direct mentoring for our interns.
For 2024, to ensure sufficient relevant experience, AMD-B will take a maximum of four interns.
Closing date for applications 31 October 2023.
To apply, please send (in English):
– Application letter with CV
– Essay 1: “Why you want to become a PADI Divemaster, and how it would change your life” (max 250 words)
– Essay 2: “A life-changing event or activity you have experienced” (max 250 words)
Incomplete applications, or applications sent outside the application period, will not be considered.
Start & End Dates
Training will start on 08 January and finish on 30 November 2024.
Criteria for Internship Applicants
- Indonesian Citizen.
- Age: 20-26yo; unmarried.
- Must speak English and be able to socialise with tourists.
- Good swimmer; preferably with previous dive experience.
Salary, Accommodation, Gear
- Basic monthly salary plus working conditions as applicable for other dive staff.
- A full set of dive gear will be provided for the duration of the internship.
- Accommodation provided if you do not live close to AMD-B’s office.
January – February
Irrespective of any dive certification held, all participants undertake the PADI OWDC and AOWDC.
By the end of Feb, they will be EFR-trained and well into the Rescue theory and pool practice.
By the end of March, they will be certified as PADI Rescue Divers. This means they will have been involved with several rescue scenarios in different locations. For example: the rocky beach at Tulamben, the Legian/Seminyak surfing beach, by boat at Blue Lagoon outside Padangbai, by boat in the swell at Manta Point (or similar), by boat in a strong surface current, etc.
April – June
These three months are dedicated to the PADI DM course and assisting with as much guiding as possible.
By the end of June, they will be certified as PADI Divemasters and be semi-experienced dive guides with a professional, positive and safety-oriented approach to scuba-diving.
July – November
They will join AMD-B’s dive staff team to build upon and practise their skills and knowledge.
End of Programme
At the end of the eleven month contract period:
- If they would like to stay with AMD-B and we have a vacancy for a Junior Dive Guide, then it’s a match made in heaven.
- Otherwise they will be free to leave with newly acquired knowledge, experience and certifications.
AMD-B’s Past Divemaster Interns
We have other dive instruction available, so please
Contact us for full details of PADI Courses offered by AquaMarine.
† Disclaimer: We are required by law to display prices in IDR (Indonesian Rupiah). IDR prices are divided by 10,000. Click the $£€¥… link beside each price to display the price in your currency. Exchange rates are updated once per day. Today the rate used is 1 IDR = 0.000065 USD (1 USD = 15,472 IDR). These values are provided for informational purposes only. Please contact us to verify exact prices.