Bali Dive Courses: Specialties – Dive Against Debris
PADI Dive Against Debris
Dive Against Debris (DAD) Specialty
Do you want to make a difference on every dive but are not sure where to begin? Gain the knowledge and skills to activate your inner citizen scientist by taking this specialty course.
You will learn:
- about marine debris, what it is, where it comes from, the damage it causes, and how divers are part of the solution.
- how to keep dive sites healthier by removing trash correctly (including knowing what to leave behind).
- how to set up DAD surveys; frequency, sites, profiles and equipment needed) and the use of photography.
- the 5 easy steps to report the debris you remove to maximise the benefit of each survey – Make your surveys count!
- how to join the global Project AWARE movement of scuba divers protecting our ocean planet.
During your one open water dive, you will conduct a DAD survey, including weighing, sorting, recording, disposing and reporting your marine debris to Project AWARE.
We have other dive instruction available, so please
Contact us for full details of PADI Courses offered by AquaMarine.
† Disclaimer: We are required by law to display prices in IDR (Indonesian Rupiah). IDR prices are divided by 10,000. Click the $£€¥… link beside each price to display the price in your currency. Exchange rates are updated once per day. Today the rate used is 1 IDR = 0.000069 USD (1 USD = 14,577 IDR). These values are provided for informational purposes only. Please contact us to verify exact prices.